Welcome to Jessica Setnick’s
EATING DISORDERS BOOT CAMP.
I’m Jessica, and the fact you’re here already tells me a little bit about you.
You have the heart for helping individuals repair their eating.
You know it’s not just about food.
You need tools, strategies and information you DEFINITELY didn’t get from school.
I have great news: You’re in the right place.
If you already know Eating Disorders Boot Camp is right for you,
Whether your dream is to specialize in this area or you just stumbled into it,
Whether you need to level up your counseling confidence, reassure yourself you’re doing it right, or just want some fresh ideas,
Whether you’ve been practicing for 10 minutes or 10 years,
Eating Disorders Boot Camp is going to confirm
You’re in the right place,
At the right time,
Doing exactly what you’re meant to do.
There’s really nothing else like it.
So what exactly IS Eating Disorders Boot Camp?
It’s a cloud-based package of streamable, downloadable audio sessions…
Downloadable, printable handouts and materials…
A stack of books you’ll receive by mail…
And your choice of an individual call or live Zoom workshop with me.
Eating Disorders Boot Camp is the compilation of everything I’ve learned, developed, taught, and used successfully with patients, dietitians and other professionals over the past 20+ years I’ve been in the field.
Eating Disorders Boot Camp gives you tools and strategies and ways to say things to meet the daily challenges of this work.
If you’re ready to get started, this button will jump you ahead to register.
Eating Disorders Boot Camp is an unbelievable value. For the price of what one Boot Camp workshop used to cost, the new comprehensive “Ultimate Eating Disorders Training” package includes:
1. The original Jessica Setnick’s Eating Disorders Boot Camp: Basic Training for Professionals
This is the gold-standard, 10-hour workshop that introduced over two thousand dietitians to identifying, assessing and connecting with individuals with dysfunctional eating and related issues. I’ll share my thoughts, tips and techniques on all these topics:
- Universal Precautions for Dietitians
- Eating Disorder Diagnoses – When They Are and Aren’t Important
- Structuring Initial and Follow-up Sessions
- Starting and Advancing Meal Plans and Other Nutrition Recommendations
- Parameters for Goal Weights and Physical Activity
- Strategies to Stop Purging
- Roles Within a Treatment Team
- Behavior Change Tools
- Food Rules and Records
- Automatic and Alternative Thoughts
- Medical Issues and Complications
- Guidelines for Higher Levels of Care
- Making Referrals to Other Professionals
- When Your Patient Disagrees with You
- Strong Feelings – Yours and Your Patient’s
- Personality Disorders
- Working with Children and Families
- How DSM-5 Changed the Field
- How to Know You’re Staying in Your Scope of Practice
- Separating Food and Feelings
- Legalizing Food
- Empty Feelings Besides Hunger
- The Traffic Light Method of Handling Feelings
- The Fat Funnel
- Deactivating The Domino Chain of Problem Behavior
- Spot the Different Types of Binge Eating
- Benefits of Eating Disorders and Fears of Change
- Separating Food and Feelings
- Translating Fat Thoughts
- The Apple Test and many more.
2. The second workshop, Advanced Eating Disorders Boot Camp: Special Forces Training
This one-time only workshop included four expert colleagues talking about their specialty areas, how they crossover and interact with eating disorders, and the concepts and techniques to inform our practice.
- Addictions with Mark Bird
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy with Beau Nelson
- Endocrinology with Marilyn Cox
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder with Kim Rockwell-Evans
The handouts from this workshop are priceless and aren’t available anywhere else.
3. The newest workshop, Eating Disorders Boot Camp: Next Generation
You choose whether to attend live via Zoom November 6-7, or listen to the recording of an earlier workshop. Topics include up-to-the-minute issues like:
- The Best Way to Hold Your Boundaries
- When Family Members Disagree with Your Recommendations
- When A Patient’s Condition Isn’t Improving
- What Avoidant-Restrictive Food Intake Disorder Really Means
- How Can Healthy Eating Be Bad? Understanding Orthorexia
- How to Respond to Anosognosia
- Navigating Treatment Team Communication Problems
- The Origins of Dysfunctional Eating Behaviors and Why They Matter
- Keeping Your Cool During Challenging Conversations
- Is It Restriction or Just Food Preferences?
- Predicting Problem Behaviors Before they Happen
- De-fusing Thoughts from Reality
- The Missing Steps in Prochaska’s Change Process
- The Separating Food and Feelings Meal Process
- The Three Stages and Seven Steps of Nutrition Rehabilitation
- Four Types of Binge Eating
- Secrets of Night Eating Syndrome
- Spin a Lapse into Continued Recovery
- How to Replace Toxic Shame with Regret
- Avoid Waterfalls with the Bullseye Model and more.
4. All slides and handouts from the original presentations. You can follow along online while you listen, print hard copies to keep, or save to your computer for future reference.
5. Patient handouts and worksheets. All patient education handouts are in pdf form with permission to print an unlimited number of times for use in your practice.
6. Time to ask questions. If you attend the Zoom workshop, interaction is strongly encouraged. I only plan material for about three-quarters of the time. The rest of the hours I save for answering questions, walking through professional situations, and taking case studies from the group.
If you select the all-recording version or the multiple participant package, they each include a 30-minute phone or video call with me. It’s not a test, just an opportunity to ask questions about the materials or simply to talk about your current situations. (Participation in either the live workshop or a phone call is required for receiving CEUs.)
7. Eating Disorder Nutrition Counseling Training Videos featuring me mock counseling one summer’s worth of interns, demonstrating different situations and real-life scenarios.
8. 34 pre-approved Continuing Professional Education Units and a certificate of completion if you’re an RDN or DTR.
9. The Eating Disorders Clinical Pocket Guide: Quick Reference for Healthcare Providers, Second Edition. This tiny but mighty spiral-bound powerhouse is known around the world for easy-to-find and essential information like diagnostic codes and criteria, assessment questions for each type of behavior, lists of acronyms, and so much more.
10. The Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Pocket Guide to Eating Disorders, Second Edition. Structured around the Nutrition Care Model, this book has A to Z all the evidence-based and practical guidelines to what we know and what we don’t know yet about eating disorder nutrition counseling, including drug-nutrient interactions, PES statements, interpretation of lab values, and on and on and on.
11. The Counseling Dietitian’s Big Book of Answers: The Cure for the Questions that Keep You Up at Night. This is my latest project – a compilation of actual questions (and my answers) from dietitians over the years. You’ll be one of the first to receive a copy as soon as it’s complete.
12. A Dietitian’s Guide to Professional Speaking: Expert Advice for Pitching, Presenting & Getting Paid. This isn’t an eating disorders book, but I wrote it and I’m including it. Your voice is important, and I support you in lifting it up, whether in your community or across the planet. Bonus: 5 additional CE credits (in addition to the other 34 CEUs) if you read the book and complete the test.
13. The Eating Disorders Book of Hope and Healing: Advice for Anyone Who Eats. My very first “book,” this pack of supportive mini-cards is the perfect pocket-sized support partner for you or someone you know. It’s also a great conversation starter for a support group or nutrition group you lead.
Optional: Multiple Participant License. This group training option is for a facility, practice, department or school, or even for a group of friends. The license authorizes unlimited sharing of Boot Camp materials and recordings throughout your team, including future staff hires, interns and students. Your materials will be stored on a private, password-protected page in the cloud and can be streamed or downloaded unlimited times, or moved to your facility intranet for permanent access and distribution. There is no limit to the number of individuals who can listen to the recordings and use the materials, and your access to them does not expire. The interactive portion of the package (required for CEU credit) is a phone call for up to six dietitians and is included in the package price. Additional calls can be purchased at a later date or for additional participants if desired.
Click here to select your preferred package.
What happens next? Once your order is processed, you’ll receive a welcome letter with your link to all of the materials, plus (depending on your selection) either instructions for joining the Zoom workshop or instructions for setting up your CEU call. Your books will be shipped at no charge to US mailing addresses. If your mailing address is outside of the United States, Celena will get your prior approval of the shipping charge before sending the books.
How can I be sure I’ll learn everything about eating disorders? Well, I can tell you right now that you won’t. No one knows everything about eating disorders – there are still so many unknowns. But I promise to teach you everything I know, and point you in the right direction to anything I don’t. P.S.: Be very wary of anyone who “has all the answers” or “the solution” to eating disorders. More than likely what they have is a misunderstanding or a very inflated ego (or both).
What if I change my mind? If you change your mind about which package you want, we will happily switch you into or out of the Zoom workshop (as long as space allows), or apply your purchase price to the Multiple Participant Package.
If you change your mind about anything else, Eating Disorders Boot Camp comes with a 100% money-back guarantee, no questions asked, even if you’ve already listened to the whole thing. Just alert Celena and she’ll refund your total purchase price. We’ll deactivate your link and you can keep all the books. Our goal is for you to find what you’re looking for, even if it’s not from us. *Please note that due to CDR rules we cannot process a refund after CEU credits have been awarded.
How much does it cost? The Eating Disorders Boot Camp Package for Individuals (whether you choose the Zoom option or phone call option) is $480. The Training Package for Multiple Participants is $1100.
Is it worth it? Well, I’m pretty picky about how I spend my money, and I get very grouchy about conferences with generic information, or a rehash of the basics. Or the speakers are really boring. Or it all seems like a big commercial for a facility. I especially hate when the speakers have planned badly and have to rush their material, and then don’t have any time to take questions. My point is that I value your time as much as I value mine, so I plan my workshops to be totally different. No rushing, no boring, no commercials, and LOTS of time for answering questions. Eating Disorders Boot Camp really stands out from the crowd because of the focus on personal attention. Whether you choose the live Zoom workshop or a personal call, you can confidently purchase KNOWING that you will get specifically what you need. Or as one participant put it
Can I pay in installments? Absolutely. Just email Celena at info@UnderstandingNutrition.com and she will make the arrangements with you.
What are your qualifications? There are lots of places to read about me, so I’ll summarize: I’ve worked in every level of care in eating disorder treatment, including helping to develop treatment programs, since 1998. I worked exclusively with individuals with eating disorders for 15 straight years, until I left private practice to educate full time. I’ve given hundreds of presentations at conferences and events. I’ve taught over sixty Boot Camps to over a thousand professionals, and another thousand have completed the Boot Camp Home-Study Course. I’ve supervised over 40 dietitians to their CEDRD. None of that means I’m qualified, but it does mean there are a lot of people you can ask.
I’m excited to get to know you and be a part of your journey.
If you have other questions please get in touch. My email is Jessica@UnderstandingNutrition.com or call me at 214-503-7100. We’ll figure out if Eating Disorders Boot Camp is the right fit for you.